Cleaning your Cafesti machine
Equipment should be kept clean, set correctly, and well maintained. Any stale coffee in your machine or grinder will affect the flavour of your fresh coffee.
- Back flush your machine with the blind filter according to the manufacturers' instructions. If it's a domestic or super automatic machine, descale according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Clean the portafilter and shower screen with a group head brush.
- Clean any coffee build up from the baskets by rinsing and scouring.
- Use a chemical cleaning solution regularly to soak portafilter handles.
- Empty the drip tray, drain and rinse with water.
- Cleaning products are also available for the steaming wand.
- Clean the exterior of your machine with an appropriate surface cleaner.
- Essential accessories include chemical cleaning agents and group head brushes.
- Whilst brewing, keep your machine parts and exterior coffee making area clean with purpose designed Cafessi Barista Cloths
- Clean any coffee build up from the baskets by rinsing and scouring
- Empty the drip tray and rinse with water
Additional semi commercial and commercial machine cleaning
Additional domestic and superautomatic machine cleaning
Descale your machine with Cafetto Descaler every 3 months according to the manufacturer's instructions.